Sat, Sep 30|
Ecola Creek Forest Reserve
Wilderness Tea Journey - Coast Range
A tea journey immersed in the forests of the Oregon Coast Range.
Time & Location
Sep 30, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Ecola Creek Forest Reserve, Elk Creek Rd, Cannon Beach, OR 97110, USA
About the event
There is a beautiful synergy between tea and wilderness. Individually, both have the potency and power to offer insight, healing, and restoration. When brought together - drinking good tea whilst immersed in wilderness - the encounter can be unlike any other experience. The vastness of the natural world around you, balanced energetically with the embodied presence of tea within you.
On this tea journey we will be hiking into the Ecola Creek Forest Reserve and brewing tea together among old growth coastal trees.
- A beautiful and gentle 1-mile hike to a grove of ancient spruce and cedar trees.
- Take respite from city life and allow yourself to be enveloped in the Ecola Creek Forest Reserve.
- Sit alongside a spring-fed creek and share tea in the wilderness.
- We will serve several Chinese teas prepared in the gongfu style.
- High quality teas are unrecognizable from what's at the grocery store. When grown, processed, and stored with care, the tea plant reveals itself as a powerful plant ally, a vibrational medicine for the human mind, body and spirit.
- "The more we can relate to the spirit of the plant, such as tea, the more it will teach us. As with all in Nature, the more we learn to listen, the more nature speaks. Tea at its core is the art of listening." -Po, Heaven's Tea School of Sacred Tea Arts
- We will be departing from Northeast Portland at 10am, carpooling suggested. We will return to Portland around 5pm.
- Please bring your own lunch and water for the day.
- We will hike 2 miles total during the day. The trail is mild and in good condition, but please bring hiking boots or solid shoes.
- Participants under 18 years old must have an parent/guardian join them.
- Maximum 5 participants
Questions? Email email@example.com