Sun, Jul 09|
Salmon Huckleberry Wilderness
Wilderness Tea Journey - Cascades
A tea journey immersed in the Salmon Huckleberry Wilderness
Time & Location
Jul 09, 2023, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Salmon Huckleberry Wilderness, Welches, OR 97067, USA
About the event
There is a beautiful synergy between tea and wilderness. Individually, both have the potency and power to offer insight, healing, and restoration. When brought together - drinking good tea whilst immersed in wilderness - the encounter can be unlike any other experience. The vastness of the natural world around you, balanced energetically with the embodied presence of tea within you.
On this tea journey we will be hiking into the Salmon Huckleberry Wilderness and brewing tea together among the trees.
- A beautiful and gentle 3-mile hike through an ancient but lively old-growth forest.
- Take respite from city life and allow yourself to be enveloped in Oregon's 62,000-acre Salmon Huckleberry Wilderness.
- Sit alongside a crystal clear creek and share tea in the wilderness.
- Experience rare and aged Chinese teas prepared in the gongfu style.
- High quality teas are unrecognizable from what's at the grocery store. When grown, processed, and stored with care, the tea plant reveals itself as a powerful plant ally, a vibrational medicine for the human mind, body and spirit.
- Some types of tea (puer and some oolongs) improve with age - particularly their Qi or energetic qualities. For this event we will be brewing several exceptional teas, including a rare 1950's Tie Guan Yin Oolong tea.
"The more we can relate to the spirit of the plant, such as tea, the more it will teach us. As with all in Nature, the more we learn to listen, the more nature speaks. Tea at its core is the art of listening." -Po, Heaven's Tea School of Sacred Tea Arts
- This event will begin at the trailhead at 10am and end at 3pm. Please bring your own lunch and water for the day.
- The trailhead is a 75-minute drive from Portland, carpooling is encouraged!
- We will hike 6 miles total during the day (3 miles each way to our location). The trail is mild and in good condition, but please bring hiking boots or solid shoes.
- Maximum 4 participants
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is sold out