Sat, May 13|
May Forest Bathing at Mt. Tabor
A guided, intentional walk in the forest to nourish, relax and re-center.
Time & Location
May 13, 2023, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Portland, SE 60th Ave &, SE Salmon St, Portland, OR 97215, USA
About the event
Time in nature is good for us - mentally, physically, and spiritually. Forest Bathing is an easy and accessible way to connect with the healing power of immersion in the natural world.
At this gathering we will:
- Learn the science and practice of forest bathing as a way to recharge and reset your mind and body.
- Take a break from electronics, work, and daily activities to connect with ourselves.
- Build community with inhabitants of the forest through mindful walking and sitting
- If you are under 18 years old, please come with your parent or guardian.
Forest bathing, or shinrin-yoku in Japanese, is a practice of experiencing the forest with all of your senses. Forest bathing involves slow, mindful walking in nature, paying close attention to what's around you using your senses (sight, smell, hearing, touch). Research has shown forest bathing to have a variety of health benefits for humans, including boosting the immune system, improving mood, regulating blood pressure, helping with sleep, and more.
Everyone is welcome, whether you have experience with forest bathing or not!
This event costs $10 to attend. Please register in advance so we know to expect you. If you want to bring someone with you day-of, they can pay cash at the event.
- We will meet at the Mt. Tabor visitor center.
- Please plan to arrive 5 minutes early. We start our walk at 1:05 and if you arrive late you will miss us!
- This event will happen rain or shine. If rain is in the forecast please wear waterproof clothing and enough layers to keep warm.
Questions about this event? Email email@example.com