Sat, Oct 22|
Fall Forest Bathing at Mt. Tabor (Free)
Recharge, relax, and experience the forest as you never have before.
Time & Location
Oct 22, 2022, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Portland, SE 60th Ave &, SE Salmon St, Portland, OR 97215, USA
About the event
Slow down and nurture your relationship to nature with the free forest bathing session from Heartland.
At this gathering we will:
- Learn the science and practice of forest bathing as a way to nourish yourself
- Connect with the natural world through intentional walking and sitting
- Be in community with others humans and the forest to share experiences
Forest bathing, or shinrin-yoku in Japanese, is a practice of experiencing the forest with all of your senses. Forest bathing involves slow, mindful walking in nature, paying close attention to what's around you using your senses (sight, smell, hearing, touch). Research has shown forest bathing to have a variety of health benefits for humans, including boosting the immune system, improving mood, regulating blood pressure, helping with sleep, and more.
Everyone is welcome, whether you have experience with forest bathing or not!
This event is free.
- We will meet at the Mt. Tabor visitor center.
- Please plan to arrive 5 minutes early. We start our walk at 1:05 and if you arrive late you will miss us!
- This event will happen rain or shine. If rain is in the forecast please wear waterproof clothing and enough layers to keep warm.
Please RSVP so we know who to expect.
Questions about this event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVP for free